Santucci's




My friend insisted that I try Santucci’s in Toorak Road, Camberwell as she absolutely loves having brunch there. We arrived on a Saturday and clearly my friend is not the only fan of Santucci’s as it was full of people. We managed to obtain a spot on the communal table which was perfect as we had all the daily papers laid out in front of us. Immediately I was excited to see that Santucci’s interior was full of character. I’m so bored with industrial chic at cafés... Moody painted walls with clusters of pictures adorn the walls. Vintage chairs and tables fill the space and even an old Singer sewing machine was used as a table.  







WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
·        Poached Pear Pancakes with vanilla bean custard and ginger crumble ($15.00)
·        Baked Polenta and Wild Mushroom with kale, bocconcini, romesco sauce and a poached egg ($17.00)
·        Pulled Lamb Salad and Kale with heirloom carrots, beetroot hummus, almonds and red wine reduction ($17.00) *GF
·        Pork Belly Sandwich with purple cabbage, coriander and apple slaw ($11.00)


WHAT WE ATE...
The menu was really interesting making it a difficult choice. I made a vow to try the ‘Hand cut chips with truffle oil and parmesan ($8.50)’ on my next visit... I was going out for a degustation dinner that night so was looking for something on the smaller side. I picked the ‘Smoked salmon sandwich with smashed egg, caper and dill aioli with baby spinach ($9.50)’. I elected to have my sandwich on a focaccia for an extra $1.50. Smashed free-range egg was a positive deviation from plain cream cheese. I perhaps would have preferred a touch more capers and dill in the aioli as I really love the strong aniseed flavour of dill... Overall though, it was a really great sandwich. I’m looking forward to trying more from their menu...

Smoked Salmon Sandwich

My dining companion chose an item from the specials. The ‘Zucchini and Pea Frittata served with smoked trout, radicchio, tomato relish, lemon reduction and poached eggs ($17.00)’ was a visually appealing dish with the dazzling smear of yellow. Frittata can be a little bland at times but the bitterness of the radicchio, the tartness of the lemon reduction, and the richness of the trout created a delicious experience in the mouth.

Zucchini and Pea Frittata

WHAT WE DRANK...
For drinks you can treat yourself to an ‘8 Hour Cold Drip served over ice ($4.00)’, a ‘Green Smoothie – spinach, celery, apple, banana and lemon ($6.50)’, or even a ‘Strawberry Spider ($6.00)’. My latte ($3.70) using Veneziano Coffee’s Autumn Blend was pleasurable.

Latte

SERVICE...
The service was efficient and eager to meet our needs. 






Address: 1392 Toorak Road, Camberwell, VIC

Phone: 03 9889 6335





Trading Hours:
Mon – Sun: 7.00am – 5.00pm

Click to add a blog post for Santucci's on Zomato


P.S. Other eateries nearby are Zouz Cafe, Bella Sistas Espresso and The Hidden Cafe...




Comments

  1. I've walked by many times at night, though almost no one is open at night on that road! Shall add it to the list, for when I'm a morning person :P The interior to me looks familiar, perhaps similar to another cafe in the city?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts