Oak Room, Ashburton


After our picnic, some of us needed a caffeine fix. We thought we would go to Fordham’s Milk Bar as it was just over the train tracks from Fordham Gardens but it was very busy. Rachel Khoo featured it on her TV show which apparently has increased its popularity... Instead, we popped over to Ashburton to the Oak Room. I haven’t been here before which gave me the perfect opportunity to have a sneaky peak at their menu. It looked very tempting and well priced. I can see where my next café lunch in Ashburton will be... The Oak Room take their coffee very seriously. They have pour over, syphon, cold drip... You would be hard pressed not to have your coffee dreams pandered to.




WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
·        Oak Room poached eggs with bacon, house made potato rosti, hollandaise, garlic croutons ($15.80)
·        Coriander and mint corn fritters with avocado and tomato salsa ($14.80)
·        Crispy soft shell crab brioche burger with chips ($18.80)
·        Tasmanian smoked salmon focaccia with crème fraiche, capers and beetroot relish served with chips ($12.80)


WHAT WE ATE...
A caramel slice was chosen. The cakes didn’t have prices but from the bill I assume the slice was $4.80. We asked for it to be cut in half which they were more than happy to do. The slice was beautifully presented and was fresh and gooey. Not just your ordinary mass produced caramel slice...






















WHAT WE DRANK...
I felt like a cold drink so I ordered an ‘Iced Chocolate ($6.00)’. My hipster-style iced chocolate was very chocolaty and super cold with the inclusion of ice cubes which was ideal for cooling me down.


My dining companions opted for coffees ($4.00) which they thought were fabulous.




SERVICE...
They were eager to please and very friendly. The Oak Room also takes bookings.




Address: Shop 4, 305 High Street, Ashburton, VIC

Phone: 03 9885 3338




Trading Hours:
Mon – Sun: 7.00am – 4.30pm

Oak Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



P.S. Other eateries nearby are Two Seeds, Golden Child and Baba Sus...



Comments

  1. Ashburton has changed a lot over the years - my parents live just up the road in Glen Iris so I have frequented the area. I have only had a coffee at the Oak Room (I'm not sure how vegan friendly a lot of the places along that strip are), but I've had a couple of meals at the Resident.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't come across a lot of vegan food in Ashburton yet. I've had coffee at the Resident but I will have to try out their food :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts