Platform Espresso











When I have lived around Malvern in the past, I have found that Platform Espresso was a great place on the weekend to read the paper with a cup of coffee. We were in the area one day at lunch time so I thought it was time I tried out their food. White walls, a black roof and exposed light bulbs create the main interior that is on the small side but the space extends into a private back room.







WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
·        Avocado, minted peas, marinated fetta with poached egg and fresh herbs on pesto toast ($18.00)
·        Seasonal mushrooms sautéed and served on toast with poached eggs and dukkah ($16.50)
·        Classic Eggs Benedict: poached eggs on toast, ham off the bone and hollandaise ($16.50)
·        Pulled Pork on Brioche Bun with chimichurri, coleslaw, fat chips and chipotle aioli ($16.00)


WHAT WE ATE...
I found the menu to be quite limited and very egg heavy. I would love to see some more lunch options... One of my favourite cafe brunch items is chilli scrambled eggs so I had to try out their ‘Chilli scrambled eggs on multigrain with sliced avocado ($15.50)’. The dish looked very pretty with the chopped chilli and micro herbs sprinkled on top of the scrambled eggs. However, I found the chilli lacked any heat at all and the eggs bland. A different type of chilli or an accompanying bottle of Sriracha sauce and some seasoning would help improve the dish. The avocado was perfectly ripe.   

Chilli Scrambled Eggs

My dining companion chose the ‘Breakfast Bun with bacon, scrambled egg, spinach, avocado and tomato relish ($12.00)’. This dish was the ideal way to start the day which was boosted by the inclusion of the relish.

Breakfast Bun

WHAT WE DRANK...
The Coconut Water Iced Coffee ($5.00) sounds intriguing or you can try a Freshly Squeezed Juice ($7.50) to go with your eggs. My latte ($3.80) using Maling Room coffee was wonderful.

Latte

SERVICE...
The service is speedy with the food arriving on the table soon after ordering.  



Address: 1529 High Street, Glen Iris, VIC

Phone: 03 9886 0951





Trading Hours:
Mon – Fri: 7.00am – 4.00pm
Sat – Sun: 7.30am – 3.30pm

Platform Espresso Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



P.S. Other eateries nearby are Little Chloe, Two Seeds, Mr Foxx, and Fergus...


Comments

  1. Funny thing that I should come across this post today, I just walked by this place! Wished they had more places that were open for dinner nearby the station!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts