WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
· Brioche French Toast with poached pears, caramel sauce, double cream, cinnamon sugar ($16.50)
· Crispy Eggs with sweet potato puree, ham hock, salad of fennel, radish, red onion and candied walnuts ($19.50)
· Chia Pudding with rhubarb and strawberry compote, poached rhubarb, strawberry gel and puffed black rice ($13.50)
· Tempura Soft Shell Crab and Snapper Burger with cucumber, carrot, cabbage and coriander salad, lime aioli ($18.50)
· Dr. Marty’s Crumpets with honey cream cheese, Nutella or lemon curd ($7.50) *kids menu
WHAT WE ATE...
I picked the ‘Breakfast Salad with red and white quinoa, charred corn, black beans, jalapeño chilli, red cabbage, poached egg, honey smoked almond dressing ($17.00)’. This was another scrummy version of a healthy salad. I loved the puffed grains and that little hint of mint in the dressing was divine. Not sure where the jalapeño chilli was though...
My dining companion chose the ‘Prawn and Corn Fritters with avocado puree, charred corn salsa, chilli jam ($17.50)’. The golden spheres of fluffy corn were crunchy on the outside but there was not a lot of prawn action on the inside. However, the dish altogether was very tasty.
|Prawn and Corn Fritters|
WHAT WE DRANK...
A Bloody Mary ($12.00) could be the way to start your day or perhaps an OJ ($5.00) is more your style... My latte ($3.50) made with Padre Coffee’s Mr. Hendrick’s Seasonal Blend was fabulous.
We had no problem with the service and the guy working the queue was great at his job.
Address: 469 Whitehorse Road, Balwyn, VIC
Phone: 03 9830 7579
Tues – Fri: 7.30am – 4.00pm
Sat – Sun: 8.00am – 4.00pm
P.S. Other eateries nearby are Norma Loves Joe, Scarvelli Cafe, Town & Country Cafe, and Snow Pony...