Wise Men Say, Brighton



WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
·         Ricotta hotcakes with berry compote, natural yoghurt, maple, seasonal fruit ($16.50)
·         Toasted roti wrap loaded with bacon, egg, spinach, relish ($13.00)
·         Corn and zucchini fritters with polenta chips, chutney, pesto, poached egg ($17.00)
·         Soft shell crab burger with sriracha mayo, spring onion, slaw, lemon wedge, aioli chips ($17.00)



WHAT WE ATE...
I thought I would order one of the specials. I chose the ‘Coconut Eggs in red Thai curry with potato crisps and pumpkin. Served with toasted roti ($16.50)’. The eggs were surrounded in a yummy, spicy sauce that felt so comforting on a cold day. The accompanying roti bread was flaky and plentiful indeed... There was no way that I could finish the meal as it was gigantic. You won’t leave Wise Men Say feeling hungry! 


My dining companion decided to have the ‘Baked Eggs in capsicum, bean and tomato ragout, Middle Eastern spices, Turkish toast ($16.50)’. It had a beautiful crust on the bottom of the baked eggs and the dish was exploding with flavour. The bread was also lovely and was very handy with mopping up the delicious juices...


WHAT WE DRANK…
My latte ($3.80) made with Axil Coffee was absolutely delightful!


OVERALL…
I came upon this fabulous cafĂ© when I was doing some work near Gardenvale Railway Station. This cafĂ© had such a relaxed vibe that you would not feel like imposing if you stayed all day with your laptop or reading the newspaper. I am pretty sure that I will be popping in for lunch and a coffee quite often over the next few weeks…



Address: 151 Martin Street, Brighton, VIC

Phone: 03 9596 6308



Trading Hours:
Mon - Sun: 6.30am – 4.30pm

Wise Men Say Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


P.S. Other eateries nearby are Vivace and the White Rabbit Restaurant


Comments

Popular Posts