WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
· Caramel Banana Bread - grilled banana and pecan bread with baked pear, rhubarb, earl grey tea caramel sauce and yoghurt cream ($16.50)
· Goat’s Toast – goat’s curd, roasted beetroot relish, avocado smash, a poached egg, green herbs and seeded toast ($17.50)
· Farmer’s Breakfast – poached eggs, Berkshire bacon, pork sausage, potato cake, roasted mushrooms, tomato relish and toast ($19.50)
· Super Salad – avocado, quinoa, carrot, beetroot, leafy greens and pepitas with pomegranate molasses dressing and lemon cashew hummus ($16.50) *vegan and gluten-free option
· Kid’s Lunchbox – cheese sandwich, fresh fruit and a home baked treat ($7.50)
WHAT WE ATE...
I chose a vegetarian dish, the ‘Mushroom Pie – mushrooms, roasted chestnuts and white wine served with potato salad, greens and tomato relish ($14.50)’. This pie was incredible! Look at that golden crust! The pastry was gorgeous... The filling was gorgeous... I didn’t even need the relish as the pie tasted so good! However, the relish also tasted amazing so I had to eat that too. The salads were also fantastic! I can’t wait to return to The Farm Cafe.
|Inside the pie|
My dining companion decided to have the ‘Organic Sausage Roll – house made served with potato salad, greens and tomato relish ($12.50)’. The sausage roll was lovely, moist and had tonnes of flavour! It contained plenty of veggies and herbs.
WHAT WE DRANK...
The kids can enjoy a ‘Frozen Apple Juice ($3.00)’ while the adults can order a ‘Fresh pear, lime and ginger tea ($4.80)’. My latte ($3.80) made with STREAT Coffee and Schulz Organic Milk was very creamy with notes of caramel and was sensational! One of those coffees that wants you to order one more...
They were understaffed that day due to the sudden burst of warm weather which resulted in more customers than they expected. However, the waitress we had did a marvellous job under the circumstances.
Address: 18 St. Heliers Street, Abbotsford, VIC
Phone: 03 9415 6581
Mon – Fri: 9.00am – 4.00pm