Dumpling Kitchen, Blackburn South


Whenever I have a yearning for dumplings, I head straight to the Dumpling Kitchen in Blackburn. I’ve experienced a lot of dumplings around Melbourne but this place can’t be beaten for quality, cleanliness and price. Plus, taste... Ms Shi creates magnificent dumplings and is an experienced cook from Northern China. The Dumpling Kitchen is a perfect place to catch up with friends or family and the kids will love trying the different dumplings. Also, all the dumplings are free of MSG. After your dumpling feast, you should probably pick up some frozen dumplings to take home with you... You just never know when another case of extreme dumpling desire will hit you...








WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
·        Pan Fried Taro Pancake ($5.50)
·        Spring Onion Pancake ($5.50)
·        Xiao Long Bao ($9.80) x 10
·        Seafood Fried Noodles with XO Sauce ($12.00)
·        Salt and Pepper Bean Curd ($12.80)


WHAT WE ATE...
On this occasion, we ordered a couple of plates of dumplings. First to arrive was the ‘Pan Fried Vegetarian Dumplings ($9.50) x 18’. I always order these as I absolutely adore these dumplings! I’ve eaten vegetarian dumplings at fine dining Chinese restaurants in the past but they have been nowhere near as good as these. See all the different ingredients inside? The dumpling skins are also the ideal texture and thickness.   




Next up were the ‘Prawn and Pork Won Tons in Spicy Sauce ($9.50) x 12’. I haven’t had these before but they will definitely be added to my favourites list at the Dumpling Kitchen. They were just so silky! The spicy sauce had just the right amount of heat. I must stop thinking about them as I may have to pop over to the Dumpling Kitchen right now...





WHAT WE DRANK...
The restaurant is BYO. We enjoyed some complimentary tea.



SERVICE...
The service was very attentive and food was quick to arrive so we were able to sate our dumpling cravings not long after ordering. 



Address: 144A Canterbury Road, Blackburn South, VIC

Phone: 03 8838 0553



Trading Hours:
Tues – Sun: 11.00am – 3.00pm, 5.00pm – 9.00pm

Dumpling Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


P.S. Other eateries nearby are Charlotte’s Corner and Gourmet Girl...




Comments

  1. How does it compare to Aunties? *Adding this place to my list*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the one in Carnegie? I haven't been there but I will have to try it :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! I love Dumpling Kitchen. Though the last two times I have been they haven't had any pan fried beef dumplings available. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Hopefully they will have some next time :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts