WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
· Scramble with baked pumpkin, chorizo, chilli and parsley ($16.50)
· Eggs Benedict with smoked ham hock, mushy peas and hollandaise on sourdough ($17.00)
· Parmesan Panko Crumbed Chicken with apple and fennel slaw and sweet potato mash ($18.50)
· Soft Shell Crab Burger with cabbage and coriander slaw, chipotle mayo, brioche bun ($20.50)
· Pancake with Nutella ($7.00) *kids menu
WHAT WE ATE...
I chose the ‘Pancakes with baked rhubarb, lemon curd, pistachio crumb and a maple drizzle ($15.50)’. I think my topping must have slipped off before it arrived which doesn’t bother me as it is all about the flavour. Three huge pancakes were sandwiched with the scrumptious baked rhubarb and lemon curd. This is a perfect way to serve a pancake stack as you get some topping on each pancake. The pistachio crumb and the thick cream also added a touch of luxury. Even though it was such a big serve, I ate every last crumb as it was fabulous!
My dining companion opted for the ‘Tart of the Day ($12.50)’. On this occasion, the tart filling was trout. The trout was layered with some potato, spinach and feta. The generous wedge of tart was tasty and definitely not bland which can be the case. The relish and salad were also delightful.
|Tart of the Day|
WHAT WE DRANK...
My latte ($3.80) made with Fayale Coffee tasted very nice but was quite cold.
The service made you feel like part of the family and was very welcoming.
Address: 184 Surrey Rd, Blackburn, VIC
Phone: 03 9894 7774
Mon – Fri: 8.00am – 4.30pm
Sat – Sun: 8.00am – 4.00pm