Percy’s Aeroplane


I think the name Percy’s Aeroplane has a lovely ring to it so I thought I would try out this cafe in Kew. It was somewhat quiet today but that might be due to the roadworks out the front. A very welcoming waitress showed us to a table in the back room. On the weekend, the menu really only offers breakfast items. The lunch menu had just three items: soup ($9.50), bruschetta ($13.50), and a steak sandwich ($18.50). I would have loved some other lunch options to choose from. I would have chosen the Smoked Buxton trout on herb potato rosti, baby spinach, poached egg and dill dressing ($18.90) but it was unavailable today. Instead, I picked the Thyme infused mushrooms on toast, smashed avocado, lime dressing, dukkah, creamy goat’s cheese and a poached egg ($16.50). A very flavoursome dish, I gobbled it up.

Mushrooms on toast

My friend went with the B.L.A.T. ($15.90). Sliced bacon, mixed lettuce, avocado, and tomato with Percy’s chipotle mayo. This was massive with lots and lots of bacon. The chipotle mayo made a tasty addition to the sandwich. My friend loved it.

B. L. A. T.
  
Our coffees ($3.50) tasted beautiful and the staff were very friendly. So... next time you are seeking a hearty breakfast and a decent coffee, fly down to Percy’s Aeroplane.
  
Address: 96 Denmark St, Kew, VIC

Phone: 03 9939 7642

   
Percy's Aeroplane on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts