Brother Fox

We were going to have lunch at the Crabapple Kitchen today but it looked very busy so we headed over the road to Brother Fox. The cafe had an inviting interior with exposed brick walls. Table service was provided but overall the service was fairly lacklustre. The girl on the till woke up for a second so we could pay but then she overcharged. Oh well... The atmosphere was also kind of strange. It was just so quiet... Anyway, the menu showed an interesting range of dishes that were very reasonably priced. I thought about having the Fish Tacos ($18.50) but instead went with the Homemade vegetarian lasagne ($14.00). Roasted vegetables, spinach, Napoli sauce, béchamel, and cheese layered between sheets of pasta. This tasted very yummy and even had some rocket and shaved parmesan on top. I loathe vegetarian lasagnes that are dry but this was creamy and cheesy and a very good version.

Vegetarian Lasagne

My friend went with the Tandoori chicken roti wrap ($13.00). This consisted of Cos lettuce, tomato, Spanish onion, pickled carrot, and tzatziki with a side of beer battered chips. This was also a great tasting meal. I had a couple of the chips and they were very tasty and crunchy.

Tandoori Chicken Roti Wrap
Our coffees ($3.20) were not as good as we were expecting. My friend didn’t like their coffee at all but I thought it was okay, not great though. However, the food was delightful and well priced but I think I will be visiting the Crabapple Kitchen instead next time I’m in Hawthorn.

Address: 648 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn, VIC.

Phone: 03 9819 0948

 

Brother Fox on Urbanspoon
 

Comments

Popular Posts