Ruby T's, Canterbury


Ruby T’s reminds me of being back in England. I love a good old fashioned tearoom... a cosy retreat that’s full of doilies, teapots, ribbon sandwiches, scones and cream cakes. Well, I don’t need to book a plane ticket for Merseyside... I just need to jump in the car and drive over to Canterbury! Ruby T's is named after owner Pam’s grandmother. Ruby’s recipes have been passed down to Pam and are recreated at Ruby T’s. The last time I visited Ruby T’s, it was located further down Maling Road. The new place is much bigger but at the same time both comfortable and intimate.





WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
·        Eggs Benedict with salmon ($18.00)
·        Spinach and ricotta filo served with salad ($17.00)
·        Cheese and tomato omelette ($13.50)
·        Mediterranean Salad – Mixed fresh lettuce, feta, tomato, avocado, Kalamata olives and light dressing ($17.00)
·        Scone with jam and cream ($3.60)


WHAT WE ATE...
As I was channelling my inner Anglophile, I picked the ‘Ribbon Sandwiches ($9.90)’. The row of five sandwiches made an appealing rainbow across the plate. I particularly liked the cucumber and meat sandwiches. I adore egg sandwiches but unfortunately the mayonnaise that was used was really sweet. Changing to a high-quality mayonnaise will help rectify this.   

Ribbon Sandwiches

My dining companion decided to have the ‘Gourmet Pasty ($8.50)’. You can add salad or chips for an extra $4.50. When the Cornish pasty arrived, I restrained myself with difficulty from breaking out into a Cornish accent for the rest of the meal... If you want to get into the whole Cornish versus Devon pasty debate, it probably is a Devon pasty as the seam is on the top... Anyway, the pasty was crisp and flaky and the meat and vegetable filling was very pleasing.   

Pastie

WHAT WE DRANK...
To go with my finger sandwiches, I ordered some tea. My Irish Breakfast Tea ($4.50) was delightful and I was happy to see that I also received an additional jug of hot water for my tea.

Irish Breakfast Tea

My dining companion’s Cappuccino ($3.60) was nice.  

Cappuccino

SERVICE...
The ladies were lovely and happy to help the customers with their selections. 



Address: 110 Maling Road, Canterbury, VIC

Phone: 03 9836 1914

Trading Hours:
Mon – Sun: 7.30am – 5.00pm

Ruby T's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




Comments

Popular Posts