WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
· Pancake Stack, white chocolate and ginger crumble, berries, cream, maple syrup ($15.50)
· BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders, brioche, pickled red onion, mustard mayo, potato salad ($17.50)
· Campfire (Baked) Eggs, chorizo, bacon, butter beans, chilli, parmesan, Napoli ($18.90)
· Soft Shell Crab Burger, wasabi mayo, coriander slaw in a ciabatta bun ($18.90)
· Grilled chicken dippers with mayonnaise, lettuce and toast ($7.90) *kid’s menu
WHAT WE ATE...
I decided to have the ‘Zucchini Fritters, ricotta, smoked salmon, sour cream, herb salad ($18.50)’. This was brilliant and very filling. The charred fritters were creamy inside and matched perfectly with the smoked salmon and sour cream. The beautifully dressed salad offset the richness of the meal.
My dining companion opted for something from the Chef’s Specials. The ‘Prosciutto wrapped asparagus – poached eggs, truffle pecorino cheese, salsa verde ($17.50)’ was also a thoroughly enjoyable dish. The asparagus was fresh and the truffled pecorino added a lavish touch.
|Prosciutto wrapped asparagus|
|Prosciutto wrapped asparagus with oozing yolks|
WHAT WE DRANK...
Some ‘Well Being Tea ($4.90)’ or ‘Hot water with lemon ($2.00)’ may appeal to the health conscious. My latte ($4.00) tasted slightly burnt and my dining companion found there to be quite a lot of froth compared to actual coffee. This was also evident on other tables.
I found the service to be a bit lacking. We were left standing in the doorway for some time and it took quite a while for them to come and take our order. Also, our table was quite dirty...
Address: 295b Springfield Road, Nunawading, Melbourne, VIC
Phone: 03 9877 4381
Wed – Sun: 7.00am – 4.00pm