Thyme on the Terrace

For some reason I have never been to Thyme on the Terrace. I often visit Warrandyte to browse the shops, visit the market, or walk along the Yarra but strangely I never really go there for lunch or coffee. Anyway, today I thought I would try it out. It is located at the end of a strip of shops and would be lovely sitting out the front in the warmer weather. However, today was cold so we sat inside but sat in the window so we essentially had the same effect without the chill... The tables were covered in green tablecloths and the decor was Australiana. Most dishes on the menu are around $16 to $20 with some more indulgent options also available. I felt like smoked salmon and I had a number of meals to choose from such as the Salmon focaccia ($17.90) and the Yarra Catch open sandwich ($18.90). I eventually went with the Quiche with Tasmanian smoked salmon, cream cheese, spinach, kalamata olives, and caramelised onions ($16.90). Home baked on the premises and served with salad and their homemade potato wedges. This was a very generous serve and delicious! A large wedge of quiche with the novel inclusion of olives tasted really good as were the wedges. I managed to finish the lot but definitely had no room for a dessert today. My friend decided to have something from the specials board. Smoked trout and camembert tart with salad and wedges ($13.50). This too was yummy and nearly as big as my meal. Great value! The table service was friendly and efficient. The man that I assume was the owner was very hands on which is great and treated everyone equally. I hate when cafes favour customer service for regular customers at the expense of other patrons. Unfortunately, our lattes ($3.50) had a slightly burnt taste to them. Oh well, I will just have tea instead next time. There were a number of cakes available that sounded delicious but the Lemon Tart must be good as everyone there was ordering it. Not sure how much the cakes are, as the prices were not displayed. The Ice-cream cake sounded intriguing though and I don’t mean an ice-cream cake... but ice-cream baked in a cake! Very interesting and would love to try it next time.

Address: 238 Yarra St, Warrandyte, VIC.
 
Phone: 03 9844 2595
 
 
 
 
Thyme on the Terrace on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts