Watts Cooking

Nestled in the Union Road shopping strip in Surrey Hills is Watt’s Cooking. I’ve always wanted to try Watt’s Cooking and on Saturday I happened to be in the area and thus seized the opportunity. We were greeted by a waitress when we entered which always makes you feel like a valued customer. We chose a table in the window and were quickly offered a menu. One side of the menu showed more substantial meals (around $20). I was tempted to order the risotto as it did sound delicious with cauliflower puree, asparagus, mushrooms, and truffle oil but I didn’t feel like a big meal today. I flipped the menu over and found some lighter options and decided on the Vegetarian lasagne ($15.00) of pumpkin, spinach, and ricotta. This was the best tasting vegetarian lasagne I have ever had! I would love to know this recipe... A wonderful salad of greens, zucchini ribbons, and tomato with a luscious, creamy dressing came with the lasagne. My friend ordered the Corn fritter with chicken, crème fraiche, avocado, and tomato and Spanish onion salsa ($15.00). Again accompanying the dish was that yummy salad. The chicken was so tender and coated in spices. Very tasty. The chef here is clearly very good at their job. We then ordered a coffee ($3.00) which was nice and hot. The service here was very attentive and efficient, and table service was also provided. Overall, a very pleasant experience and can’t wait to come back and try some more dishes off the menu.





Address: 147 Union Rd, Surrey Hills, VIC

Phone: 03 9890 6268

Watts Cooking on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts