Montano’s Patisserie


I dropped by my local Continental pâtisserie in Carlton... No, wait! I’m in Bayswater at Montano’s Pâtisserie. Sorry for my confusion but the range of delicious Italian, Greek, Cypriot, Lebanese, German and French baked goodies reminded me of being in Lygon Street. All of the delicious pastries at Montano’s Pâtisserie are made by pâtissier, Nick Montano. There are a few tables inside as well as some tables out on the street. Otherwise, grab some sweet treats and take them home with you...



WHAT’S ON THE MENU?
·        Ham roll – gourmet lettuce, ham tomato, brie, tomato relish ($8.00)
·        Spanakopita ($7.50)
·        Sausage Roll ($4.00)
·        Italian custard donut ($4.50)


WHAT WE ATE...
I ordered the ‘Beef Bourguignon pie ($5.00)’ which was fantastic! The pastry was flaky and the filling had so much flavour that tomato sauce was not needed. You could taste the wine and the seasoning was spot on. This pie makes most suburban bakery’s pies pale in comparison.

Beef Bourguignon Pie

Of course I had to try one of their cakes... I selected a Yo-yo ($4.50) as that has always been my favourite cake from my childhood (or anything with custard...). My spoon cut through the delicate sponge that was so fresh. The custard was silky smooth. I am definitely going to order this again...

Yo-Yo

My dining companion picked the ‘Ham and Swiss cheese croissant ($5.50)’. The croissant was delightful as was the filling. The Swiss cheese made an interesting change from your usual ham and cheese croissant.

Ham and Swiss Cheese Croissant

She also chose the ‘Small fruit tart ($2.50)’ for a sweet finish to her lunch. The tart shell was easy to devour and the filling was scrumptious. I did manage a wee taste...

Small Fruit Tart

WHAT WE DRANK...
A Greek Frappé ($5.50) might tickle your fancy... However, I ordered a Latte ($3.30) using Montano’s Signature Blend coffee which was very nice.

Latte

SERVICE...
The service was adequate.  



Address: 719 Mountain Hwy, Bayswater, VIC 

Phone: 03 9720 7770



Trading Hours:
Mon – Fri: 7.00am – 5.00pm
Sat: 7.00am – 4.00pm
Sun: 8.00am – 4.00pm

Montano's Patisserie Cafe on Urbanspoon


P.S. Another eatery nearby is Thai Tables...



Comments

  1. I heard about this place tonight and straight away went and looked for reviews! Your review and pictures have left me oh so hungry and I am sure that I will be visiting this place in the VERY near future.. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts