Prospect Espresso

It’s lunch-time and I’m in Camberwell. Faced with the dilemma of which cafe to go to, I happen to spot Prospect Espresso as I drive past so I take this as a sign. I also manage to easily find a park nearby... I take this as another good omen and thus we decide to have lunch at Prospect Espresso. The place is small and packed full of people but we are directed to the newly vacated window seat. Definitely the gods are telling me to try Prospect Espresso today or I’m just extremely lucky... Could this cafe possibly live up to my now high expectations? Absolutely! The staff were very welcoming, efficient, and friendly. The menu revealed some delicious options. Plus, breakfast is served until 3pm so there are lots to choose from. The Farro and Beetroot Salad ($15.00) with the earl grey dressing sounded interesting. I am utterly in love with brioche at the moment so maybe the Breakfast Roll ($12.50) with poached egg, bacon, and hollandaise on a brioche bun... I finally decided to have the Truffled Brioche ($17.00) from the breakfast menu. Sautéed mushrooms, asparagus, poached eggs, and truffled hollandaise. Mmmm very yummy indeed. Very rich but I managed to polish it off. My friend opted for something from the lunch menu. The Warm Salmon and Brie Terrine served with egg yolk puree and cottage cheese and dill toast ($16.50). This looked fantastic and apparently tasted good too. Obviously some seriously good food is offered here. I ordered a latte today but their Chai Latte ($4.00) looked really special so maybe I will try that next time... However, my coffee ($3.80) tasted beautiful. After a rather long stretch of mediocre coffee, I finally have received some decent coffee! If you have read my review take this as a sign, and head over to Prospect Espresso immediately, but leave the window seat free... that’s mine.

Address: 2a Prospect Hill Rd, Camberwell, VIC.
 
Phone: 03 9882 7359
 
 
 
 
Prospect Espresso on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts