Bekendales


This year must be the year of the B’s. Every cafe I have been to has started with the letter B! So in keeping with the trend for January, today I am trying Bekendales. This cafe is located on the corner of Main Street and Lacey Street in Croydon. It’s quite small but has a wonderful atmosphere. You could easily think that you were in an inner city cafe. A modern style cafe is something that is finally starting to take off in the outer suburbs... and thank goodness for that!


The menu had a range of options including quite a number of breakfast style dishes. A specials board also showed some tasty options. I ordered the Avocado Toast with added smoked salmon ($12.00). Smashed avocado with lime juice, sea salt and cracked pepper served on sourdough toast with a spinach and red onion salad on top. This was so good! So much avocado and the spinach salad had a delightful dressing that I would love to know the recipe of. Yes, I know I ordered smoked salmon again but at such inexpensive prices I thought I should indulge a little... and I’m glad I did. My friend ordered a toasted pide ($10.00). Herb poached chicken, house made mayonnaise, tasty cheese, avocado, and salad greens served on a large pide. Beautifully cooked chicken was melt in the mouth. Very much enjoyed. The cakes in the glass cabinet looked homemade and intriguing. Finally some cake originality! We ordered lattes ($3.50) which were very flavoursome. The organic sugar was also an added indulgent touch. 

Latte

The service was excellent with extremely friendly staff that show a genuine interest in their customers. Undoubtedly the best cafe in Croydon and can’t wait to return... oops I already have!

Address: 1/50 Main St, Croydon, VIC.  

Phone: 03 9725 6812

Website

Facebook

Bekendales on Urbanspoon




Comments

Popular Posts