Miss Frank

Through Road in Camberwell has a couple of cafes to choose from such as Cafe Papillion and Through Road Pantry but we decided to try out Miss Frank’s. We were a little confused which door to go in as there were three front doors to choose from. In the end we went with door number three on the far right. This led straight into the lower level of the cafe where we found a cosy table. Our metal table had a novel inbuilt cutlery holder and overall the cafe had a lovely ambiance. The menu showed a tempting selection and was very reasonably priced. The Compote of rhubarb and orange served with house yoghurt and toasted brioche ($11.00) was enticing as well as the Avocado on toast with chipotle mayo, grapefruit and roasted tamari pepitas ($14.00). However, I was really drawn to the Lemon and herb crumbed chicken panino roll with a fennel and cabbage slaw and dill caper mayo ($10.50). Now the other week I did say that I am not a big fan of chicken but this sounded really yummy so I went ahead and ordered it. I’m glad I did because it was to die for... The chicken was so moist and flavoursome, the roll crunchy in a good way, and the rest matched perfectly. Definitely ordering that again. My friend went with the Croque Madame – free range ham, gruyere and herb fondue on toasted sourdough, topped with a fried egg and a side of piccalilli ($15.00). This was apparently very delicious and looked quite a filling meal. As for coffee, our lattes ($3.80) were very nice with just a little bit of panela sugar to sweeten them. Service was efficient but perhaps the waiter could have been a tad jollier. He did drop some cutlery on me but I tend to have that affect on people... This is definitely one of my new favourite places to eat in the area.


Lemon and herb crumbed Chicken Panino Roll

Address: 200 Through Rd, Camberwell, VIC.

Phone: 03 9078 5351
 
 
  
Miss Frank on Urbanspoon

Comments

  1. I tried Miss Frank for the first time a few weeks ago. I had the Croque Madame which I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did look good. I think I might have that next time.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts