Thai Tables

I know I am meant to be reviewing cafes... but I thought I would go a little crazy and review a restaurant for a change. Thai Tables is in Bayswater and is very popular. This restaurant is even full on a Monday night and it is quite a large restaurant. Therefore booking ahead is a must. The restaurant consists of a front room that extends down a corridor to another room at the back with the kitchen in the middle. I have been to a number of Thai restaurants in the eastern suburbs but this still remains the best. Their Pad Thai with prawns ($16.00) is definitely the best I have tried. Well, so far... My friend and I were greeted at the door and then shown to our table in the front room by the waitress. Water soon arrived and our BYO wine was poured into our glasses. Corkage here is just $1.00 per person. You can BYO beer, wine, and spirits here. We glanced at the specials board which had some tempting dishes, especially the entree. Our menu showed a diverse range of the usual Thai fare. We chose the Golden Bags ($8.00) to start our night. A prawn, some vegetables, and vermicelli noodles wrapped in spring roll pastry to form a little bag. The five of these were served with sweet chilli sauce. These could maybe do with some more flavour. For my main course, I went for a stir fry. Pud Med Mamuang with pork ($17.50) was a combination of vegetables, cashew nuts, and mild chilli paste. The sauce was delicious and there were piles of tender pork. My friend chose the Khao Pud with prawns ($16.00) which is a Thai style fried rice. Very yummy and I managed to sneak some for myself. For dessert we had a banana fritter ($8.00). A battered banana with lots of vanilla ice-cream, covered in honey and sesame seeds. Again, this tasted beautiful. The service was efficient and our food arrived promptly. Overall, a quality restaurant that is perfect for a relaxed night out with friends and/or family.

Address: 737 Mountain Hwy, Bayswater, VIC

Phone: 03 9729 0377

Thai Tables Thai Restaurant on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular Posts