Hammer & Tong 412

It’s Hammer time! I don’t mean MC Hammer, although I do love that song... I’m talking about one of Melbourne’s hottest cafés, Hammer & Tong. We went for lunch today but it is also open for dinner. Situated just off Brunswick Street, you can find the entry for Hammer & Tong in Westgarth Street. It is quite a narrow space made up of three rooms. We sat in the open window section so we had a great view of some of Fitzroy’s amazing street art.

View from window
 


 
The service at Hammer & Tong was absolutely faultless. Probably some of the best service I have come across in Melbourne. Also, the waiters here are seriously gorgeous... My latte ($3.80) was delicious and full-bodied. Hammer & Tong use Dukes coffee.

Latte
Now, for the food... You may have already tried their infamous Soft shell crab burger ($16.00). I thought I would try something different. I just had to choose the Duck egg, asparagus, truffle butter, and parmesan briont ($18.00) because it sounded extremely tempting. I am so glad I did as it was fantastic! I thought it may be too rich for me but it was just so luscious I ate the whole thing. My friend was eyeing off my lunch and I was like ‘you can’t touch this!’ Sorry another MC Hammer reference... 
 
Duck Egg Briont

My dining companion chose the English muffin with poached eggs, istra bacon, and hollandaise ($17.00).  This was also a wonderful dish with the added bonus of mountains of spinach. My friend was as strong as Popeye after her meal...
 
Eggs Benedict
The cafe certainly lived up to its hype and I highly recommend you try Hammer & Tong for yourself.
  

Address: Rear 412 Brunswick St, Fitzroy, VIC

Phone: 03 9041 6033

 


Opening Hours: Tues - Sat: 07.00 - late
                  Sun: 08.00 – 05.00
 
Hammer & Tong 412 on Urbanspoon
 

Comments

Popular Posts